Saturday, December 01, 2018

Rock Lake By The Sunken Island

10" Tubby Jig/maggots
4:00-9:00PM Rock Lake
30-28℉, Cloudy some light snow, 15-25mph NE

If I were to put more thought into what I'm going to do beforehand that would be smart.  Tonight I went off memory which isn't smart at all.  Fortunately, I caught some fish.

When I arrived at Rock Lake there was a wheeler with portable out by the sunken island.  My plan was to fish the deep water south of the sunken island and the southern point on the eastern shoreline.  I got out there drilled holes and marked nothing.  I started working my way toward the southern point.  I marked one fish.  But my line got caught up on the hook hanger on my rod and by the time I got it loose the fish was gone.  At about 4:30 the wheeler left.  I ended up catching my first fish in his hole that was closest to the point in 17' of water.  First fish was the biggest fish and the one in the picture.  I caught a few fish there and a few fish closer to the sunken island in 16'.  All my fish were caught on the Tubby Jig with maggots.  I think there were some sunfish down there as well.  I called in a few fish with the Rippin Rap then I would put the Tubby down for a shot at them.  Most of the fish came off the bottom. 

9 Crappies 

No comments: