Thursday, December 13, 2018

I Stunk It Up At Rock Tonight

8" Glow Demon/minnow
4:15-6:40PM Rock Lake My Spot
28-22℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-4mph SW

It didn't get as warm as forecast due to it being overcast most of the day.  I needed a break from Mille Lacs, so I headed to rock.  I was the only one there. It looked like somebody had been fishing around in my area since the last time I got there.  I drilled two sets of holes, the first by the two holes I fished last time. I sent down the Rippin Rap and immediately had fish come in look, then quickly depart.  I sent down the Glow Demon Spoon to nothing.  I then put the glow VMC Fly down.  A fish came up off the bottom and bit. It was fighting weird and pulled line a couple of times.  I was going to switch to back reeling when the line broke. I was not happy.  Something messed with the minnow, but I had the sucker bobber on.  Got that corrected.  Missed a couple of bites on the Glow Demon Spoon.  The I got my first crappie on the Glow Demon and minnow.  I tied on a pink VMC Fly.  I got one small crappie on the Fly and a couple on the Glow Demon Spoon.  I missed a bunch of bites that quickly came off. I switched to the second set of holes.  Tied on the glow VMC Fly with maggies and got 5 crappies on it (3 of which were 5-inchers).  Missed a bunch more bites.  I sucked again.

10 Crappies 

No comments: