Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Bulldog Tonight

10.25" Tubby/Maggots

Same Fish As Above
4:30-7:10PM Bulldog Lake
23-20℉, Cloudy light snow, 8mph WNW

I decided to hit Bulldog tonight.  There were two houses out when I arrived. By the time I was headed out a guy with a wheeler was headed in.  The houses were to the South of my waypoint from the last trip.  I drilled two sets of holes not marking anything.  As I grabbed my rod bag I had a good mark a couple of feet of the bottom, but by the time I got my lure down it was long gone.  I marked one other fish.  Since I wasn't marking anything I went out and searched with the Vex.  Found something and drilled holes.  By the time I got over there it was gone, but as soon as I dropped down a fish was there, but I missed it.  About 10 after 5, the guy who was in a permanent to the NW of me was packing up, so I went over and talked to him.  He said he was marking them, but they weren't biting.  The scuttlebutt is Holy Family got sold. I got back to fishing and about 5 minutes later I got the first fish of the night (The one in the pictures).  Fish started moving in pretty regularly, but I struggled to catch them.  I missed two bites on the minnow.  It was colder than I like fishing in due to the wind.  I packed up a little after 7PM with 8 fish caught.  All on the Tubby.

8 Crappies (4 Kept)


No comments: