Monday, December 10, 2018

Little Fish On Rock Today



3:40-5:50 Rock Lake
30-25℉, Mostly Sunny, 6-0mph

When I arrived I was interested to see two fish trap fishing just to the SE of my area.  They just sat in one place until they left.  I started by drilling holes off the weed edge along the reeds and looking for an activity with the Aqua-Vu 5c. I didn't find anything there, so I moved to the spot where I got the nice sunfish a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't see anything there until I spotted a pike on the Aqua-Vu Micro 5c on the last hole in a little deeper water.  I then got my rods out of the case.  Pike didn't want the Rippin Rap and moved on.  I sent the camera back down and spied a sunfish, so I sent down the VMC Fly with a maggot and got a couple of small sunnies right away. It was getting too late to mess with setting up the old Aqua-Vu, so I fished for sunnies.  They got a little harder to catch, could have been perch.  I got the two perch and 12 sunnies total out of two holes.  At about 5:15 the guys in the Fish Traps left, so I went to check out what they were getting.  I got four small crappies and missed a few.  I bugged out at 5:50PM to get home for the Vikes Seahawks game on MNF. Vikes lost the plot on offense.  The refs sucked and the Seachickens blew it wide open late. Vikes lost 21-7.

12 Sunny
4 Crip
2 Perch
1 Pike

No comments: