Friday, May 29, 2009

My 1st 3lber (On the Derby Board, Barely)


Due to the fact that I have a tournament tomorrow, I took a short hour and 15 minute trip this morning (8:15-9:30AM). I would have been out longer but I didn't get out of bed until an hour and a half after I had my alarm set. I basically went back and fished a stretch of water that I fished last night and like last night I was flinging a funky chicken Super Fluke. Water temp was down to 59-60 and the air temp was around 50 degrees with sun and almost no wind. I was working docks but got my first bass (13") casting out into the lake. The 17" came out from under a boat lift on a dock that had a small dogfish nesting and tons of baitfish on it. I saw 1 other small doggy on a nest.

The 17" is my first entry for the Bass Pundit Minnesocold Bass Bloggers Derby 2009 . It is sad and pathetic that it has taken me 9 days of open bass fishing to get a single 3lber.

No comments: