Monday, April 18, 2005

Worn Out

Sunday April 17th 2004


I was one tired dude after the last two days and just could not wake up, even after dad fixed a great lunch. Didn't get up until 5:30PM. I was on the lake by 6:15 and headed to the Channel In Bay, but saw zero activity there.

Oh Conditions: Foggy morning with rain followed by partly cloudy warm sunshine near 70 with a 10-15 South to SE wind. Water temps 49-56.

I decided with the SE wind that maybe the East Bay of Sullivan might have some fish. Cruised much of the shoreline but got saw zilch. I then ran to the downed pine tree and the area I found those fish yesterday. I've decided to call this area the "Intersection." Anyway the wind was perfect to drift me from the tree to where I was yesterday (channel point NW Intersection). Sure enough I got a nice crappie and then a brueger then another Crip then a Bull Brueger and more Crappies, unfortunately most of the Crappies were between 8" and 9." Got everything on the PPP sometimes tipped with a minnow, at first they were nailing it without but as the sunset it became mucho important and I ran out of minnows. (Probably 6-7 Crips, 3 Sunny's, and 4 missed)

I then went to the GOMH (No GOM) and got a nice Crip. Then a small Crip. A guy fishing with his daughter had the kid catch a nice crappie. Lantern Man showed up again and gave me a hard time, I don't think he liked that I put myself in the choice spot. Anyway it was slow, missed a couple of bites and Lantern Man caught a couple in the current, that was it.

It is supposed to blow tommorrow in the late afternoon, and be warm. I need to get up and get me some.

No dogfishing today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worn Out was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on ice fishing shanty, and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to ice fishing shanty, it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read Basspastor...I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing tip. I stumbled on to your porst about Worn Out and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing tip and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks Basspastor...Cheers!