Monday, April 11, 2005

04-05 Ice Fishing Review

Well this should be quick:

My Ice Fishing goals were three:
BP's 04-05 Ice Goals
1. Catch a Crappie 14" or bigger (Nope)

2. Get Into those Platte Lake Bass (Nope)

3. Get a Bass 19" or bigger (Nope)

Early Ice:
Did get out with moderate success: 1st Trip and here, 1st Fish was a perch but I got a nice eater eye as well, 1st Crappie, Patti's 1st Fish, Biggest walleye.

In January I fired up this, the BP Fishing Log Blog and recounted the Fishers of Men Day on Mille Lacs, February was a month of Ice Contests and Crappie Fishing, March was Highlighted by the FM.com Cool Cats, and the visit of Cisco Pete, with Ice out on April 9th.

Overall, the Cats were the highlight of the winter season and eating Crappies. I just wasn't enthusiastic about Ice fishing and a couple of colds and sinus infections sealed the deal. It stinks that I achieved none of my ice goals, but whaddayagonnado!. Never made it to Upper Red and didn't get that big Crappie, but that goal will continue into open water.

My top producer by far was the Custom Jigs and Spins Glow Demon.

Sianara Ice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Basspastor, I was checking out sources of info on ice fishing equipment and I stumbled across your post about 04-05 Ice Fishing Review that you have a great site here. I'm personally working hard at developing an online business around ice fishing equipment and I'd like to share this site with some of my own subscribers. Thanks for letting me stop by Basspastor...I'll be back.