Tuesday, April 12, 2005

High Water and Jumpin Bullheads

Monday 11th 2005
It rained most of Sunday Night and Monday Morning, so I went down front to see how high its getting.
Posted by Hello
Posted by Hello
After dinner I headed out to see if the "Grumpy Old Men" are out yet, but it was starting to rain so they may have left. I started casting a small beetle spin w/sparkle twister tail. On about the 10th cast I got this 18"plus Jumpin Bullhead.
Posted by Hello
I talked with a guy who stopped who had gotten a couple of Golden Bullheads and Jumpin Bullheads yesterday. He thought it would be a few days before the Silver Bullheads arrived. I think they maybe there already but there was so much junk in the eddy's that it was tough to present there well.

Here's my other two Bullheads.
Posted by HelloThis one was over 16." and the last one was about 16" even.
Posted by Hello
I also had one more big Jumping Bullhead on, probably a 19 or bigger but in the current he got off probably because he openned up the wire on the beetle spin, I didn't lose the jig head but had I had him on much longer I most likely would have.

I then tried a Mini-Mite and Minnow as it got dark, but nothing and I headed in.

No comments: