Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Night With Todd Froggin' It

 





6:40-9:40PM SW INT, S SPRO, N SPRO, NE INT Reed PT Tip
72-79℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-5mph SSE
76-79℉, Low Rising

Getting the boat loaded went smooth, but Todd had gremlins. We started at the SW Channel of the INT. I got a pike and bass on the Terminator Poppin frog on the rice/reed line. We made our way to the eagle sitting on Yertle's Perch. Todd got finally got a bass in the boat casting his frog out onto the rice. He lost a fish at the cat edge. I got a bass or two, missed some bites, and got dogged before Pike Pt. Right before Pike PT was when the eagle finally flew away. I went outside the rice, then back in at Jaimen's School Area. I had a blow-up that didn't go for the craw tube follow-up. We worked inside the rice line and I got a PLS, as did Todd plus a lost fish for Todd. Then that area went dead as we headed North. Todd got a pike and lost something at the Far Boat Lane Delta. He got one bass in the rice as we worked toward the Point, but that was it other than me getting a pike at a boat lane. I took us back to the SW INT Reed/Rice. I missed two bites in short order in the rice. Todd had a pike rip up his frog. I lost a good bite on the TOadZ, then things died. We ended the night with a double at the tip of the NE INT Reed PT. with Todd getting Big Bass (2.75) as the last fish in the boat. Todd got to meet Mr. Tree Frog who jumped in my lap after I raised the motor out front; silly frog. 14.28 lbs for our best 6. A good night on Platte Lake Specials.

Todd: 4Bass 3PIke
Me: 6Bass 5Pike  



No comments: