Thursday, June 15, 2023

GOMH Works/Trophy Really Didn't

 


5:00-5:30 AM GOMH NE SW
Water Low Faling
On the way to the lake decided to hedge my bet on the motor firing and head to the GOMH. The current was flowing into Platte, and I thought I had screwed up. I still went to the SW side to keep it honest and got the jumper; it rocked the Big Blade so hard I thought it was a gator.


1Jump 

6:15-8:15 AM Reeds Across to F Flat
60℉, Cloudy hazy, 5-7mph ESE

Was a turtle getting the boat ready. Then the motor didn't eat, so I went across to the reeds. Then the troller needed to be adjusted. I got a gator on my very first cast. I tried a couple of docks, but nothing. I went back to the reeds and had a blow-up that looked bassy, but the fish missed due to the frog being where a pad patch and reed patch met. I threw a jig in there and got bit off instantly; dumb decision. I think I got one more bite along the South bed. I got 3 fish working up the S side of the North bed. Nothing along the outside edge of the N bed. I got a few pike on F-Flat. The sun came out a little bit, so I had good visibility, and I discovered the weeds are trash right now. Very little living cabbage and tons of stringy wuss weed and curly crap. I just gave up and headed in.

6Pike 

Steve had to be in Isle today, and I took a long nap. I ended up doing years work instead of pulling the Trophy and fishing.

No comments: