Thursday, June 01, 2023

Morning And Evening Trips June 1st



8:40-5:00AM GOMH NE
Water level; Normal Falling
Skunked (Skeeters were vicious, I bailed for the Trophy.)


5:30-9:50AM SPSI, GOMH, INT NE, NW INT, SPRO, River Mouth 

I got the boat ready quickly and I was off. A bunch of missed bites yet again. Nothing at SPSI; I got a pike on the Jitterbug on the N side of the GOMH. I missed a bite on a frog on the  S side of the GOMH that left me saying, WTF Dave set the hook. I got bit off several times in a shallow pike fest along the shallow INT reeds.  I got a couple of bass, finally throwing the Turbo FattyZ. Under perfect conditions to score post-spawn girls, I figured out the puzzle and put some fish in the boat, but I really should have landed more. I stayed out longer than I had planned, by an hour.

6Bass 
12Pike 
7:30-9:30PM Channel In Bay S SPRO
75-80℉, PC, 3-6mph SE
Water Temp: 74℉

I got a late start due to a long nap. Headed right to Channel INN Bay. Traded off bass and pike blow-ups, but it was slow, so I headed to the SPRO and got more of the same. Blow-ups were nice, but once every half hour is slow. Nothing at the River Mouth, but it was fairly dark when I arrived. I landed my bites tonight, which was nice.

4Bass 
4Pike

 10:50-11:30PM GOMH NE

I decided to hit the GOMH on the way home. Skeeters weren't terrible. I got gold on my very first cast and thought this would be good, but all I got was one more jumper, and that was it. Tried a few different lures and left.

1Jump
1Gold

I didn't weigh fish for some reason.
 

No comments: