Saturday, October 22, 2022

Fishing with Woodgate on Lobster Lake

Me getting the skunk out of the boat


Taking a pic for Todd.

 
Patrick Not Skunked
Pat got the last and biggest pike,
The photo was cropped this way for reasons

Pat showing me some of his muskie lures just before I caught the first fish of the day

1:30-6:40PM Lobster Lake
50-67℉, PC, 0-8mph SE

I arrived at Pat's place at about 12:15PM. I talked with his dad and mom. I recognized his dad but not sure if I had ever met his mom before.

Nothing for the first couple of hours fishing in the wind. I finally got pike when we ducked behind an island out of the wind. Missed one and caught a second there. We went and worked some reeds that were out of the wind. Pat got a bass there, and I got the rest of my pike. We then moved back West. The wind had died down. Pat lost a good bass along the north shoreline when it jumped at the boat. I had a good-sized muskie follow just a little after that. We moved farther West and to the south shoreline. I had an even bigger muskie follow. We ended in the Access Bay, and at our very last stop, Pat got a 26" pike on his first cast. Unfortunately, the fish were off today, but the fellowship was good. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out with Pat again. He talked about bringing the Ranger this way to fish with Todd and me next year.

Pat:2 Bass 
      1 Pike, 
Me: 2 Ski Follows 
        5 Pike 


No comments: