Sunday, May 23, 2021

Eye's at Eddy's Tonight

21.5" Frenzy Minnow (Brown Craw)

9:00-10:00PM South Jetty Harbor Mouth
46℉, Cloudy, 6-9mph ESE

Talked to Pete on the way there. Arrived and realized I didn't put my rain pants in the car doh. I could have sworn I grabbed the pants along with the jacket. I thought I would quickly freeze, but it wasn't that bad. Had to go to the South Jetty because the North Corner was taken. Got an 18.5" fish quickly with the Gold Sexy Shad Jerk Shad. I pulled the fish up on the rocks, then was spooked when I turned around, and there was a woman, her dog, and a guy right behind me. Her mouth was moving a mile a minute. She had never caught a walleye that big, lol. Fortunately, they didn't stay long. I later looked back, and she and the dog were in the water at the beach. About five minutes later, they were back, and she was barefooted. I was switching lures, and they quickly headed off the Jetty. Apparently, she stepped on a hook. About twenty minutes after the first fish I got a 19-incher on the Crackle Jerk Shad. In the final 5-minutes, I put on a Frenzy Minnow and got the "keeper" on the first cast. I didn't see a single fish landed on the North Jetty and they left at 10 to 10.

3 Eyes

 

No comments: