Saturday, May 29, 2021

Back In The Trophy For Bass Opener


2.53lbs/16.75" Spro Poppin' Frog

Should have had an easy limit, darn back

8:00-9:30PM East of Jenny's, Reeds Across South Bed
62-67℉, PC, 0-4mph SSE
I didn't get to the Chiropractor in the morning; I slept in instead. However, my back was feeling the best it has in quite a while, so I decided to do some fishing in the Trophy. I started East of Jenny's at the rice line. I had a good blow-up on the Maracker Frog in the second cast, but I was unable to really lay the wood because of feedback my back was giving me, so it got off. That was the only bite I got in the area, and after 20 minutes, I headed for the Reeds Across the Way.  I missed my first 3 or 4 bites or so in the reeds—a couple on the Maracker and a couple on the Spro Poppin' Frog. The 16.75" clocked the Spro, and I got the skunk out of the boat. I then caught my next two bites. Then I missed 3 or 4 bites in a row. Got the 1.56lber. Had another one about the same size jump off 3/4 of the way in. And missed my last bite of the night at the edge between reed beds. My back held up ok.

4 Bass
1 Pike 

No comments: