Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Good Night Out Front In the Trophy

7.5" Pumpkinseed

7" Bluegill Out front

Hogtied

Loon checking things out


 4:30-5:00PM GOMH NE SE 
5:45-8:30PM Out front in the Trophy
8:40-10:30PM Mapping 

I decided to hit the GOMH first. One guy was there on the SW side. I got a 14-inch jumper on the NE side and missed a couple of bites. I then went down on the SE side. The guy got a jumper. I didn't get any bites and quickly left.

I noticed a sunfish skitter off as I was pulling out, so I shut it down and threw out a cast. The pike attacked the bobber and hogtied itself. Not even close to hooking it. I then started catching and seeing sunfish activity.  I caught a 14-inch bass and promptly got my line stuck in the stroller when I went to adjust the boat. It wasn't wrapped too bad, but I did need to pull the prop. I anchored and got that done. I then got a bunch of sunfish while anchored. Eventually, that settled down. I went to West point, but nothing was going on, so I started back to our place. Caught several fish out of the reed bed between us and Sherman's, then worked my way down to Jenny's reeds. Nothing was going on there except for a visit by a couple of loons. I decided to do so mapping and wound up doing that until after 10:30PM. Found something interesting in our bay and marked it.

I stopped at the GOMH. No one was there. I saw a couple bass on the Northside, possibly a small pike as well.

47 Sunnies
1 Jump
4 Bass
1 Pike 

No comments: