Thursday, May 26, 2016

Something at the GOMH Anyway

4:40-8:30AM GOMH NE SW, Inlet
Conditions: Temps 50's to low 60's, Fog and heavy overcast until about 7:30, calm then a wind out of the South.

I was hoping to get a golden bullhead this morning, but if they were there they weren't biting.  I had a fish blow up on the black phantom but not get it.  I got the first bullhead on the Piranha.
15.75" D & M Baits Piranha
I took a few rods over the the SW side and got a 10.25" dink on the tomato Phantom.  I got a 17.75" toothy on the Piranha, then lost it against the East Wall of the bridge.  I got 14" jumper and a couple of 19" toothy's on a black/blue craw tube and three small jumpers on a Yabbie.  I went back to the NE side and got a 14.5" jumper on the Phantom.  I then went to the culvert and had something hit at the Horny toad but not get it.  At the Inlet I got 22.75" pike on the Craw Tube on the South side of the culvert.

9:00-10PM GOMH
Conditions: Calm, 60's, partly cloudy

I got a late start due to waking up after 7PM.  Bulldog was covered up, went to HFA but didn't get anything in the 10 minutes I fished it.

The GOMH didn't have anybody there.  Fishing was pretty dead.  I got one 20.25" toothy on the bluegill Poison under the bridge.  Didn't get a bite on a craw tube or jerk shad.  The rain we got the last couple of days maybe added an inch to the lake level.  I wonder if there is going to be anything at the GOMH in the morning.

No comments: