Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Morning & Evening GOMH Trips

10.25" Glow Demon w/minnow
5:00-7:00AM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 50-46 degrees, Mostly sunny, calm to light wind out of the S.  No flow through the GOMH

7:30-12:30PM Rock, GOMH SE
Conditions: 60-45 degrees, Mostly clear, Windy to Very Windy NNW

Morning Trip:
In the morning I arrived to no flow at the GOMH and a slick that made fishing difficult because of all the weeds.  I got a couple of jumpers on the SW side.  I was going to leave, but decided to take a shot for a dogfish on the NE side.  I set the hook into something good.  It wasn't a bowfin, unfortunately.
19.5" white craw tube
It was probably a little over 5lbs.  I also got three small snakes.

Evening Trip:
I started at Rock Lake.  Nothing was going, but I got my Poison back.  I left to fish Bulldog, but that guy was there, so I proceeded to the GOMH where nobody was.  Water was flowing into Platte Lake at a pretty good clip and  I nailed a jumpin' bullhead on my first cast on the Swim Shad.  I got a couple more then the Dad from Buckman showed up.  He didn't start fishing right away because he didn't want to break off on a jumper.  I got one more jumper and a toothy.  It was now dark enough so I switched to a lighted bobber.  Lantern Man and his buddy showed up.  He got the first silver of the night. I got 4 or 5 silvers and Buckman Dad got a couple and a toothy.  LM got a couple silvers as well.  Pretty much the same slow bite.  Everybody was gone by midnight.  I stayed until 12:30 getting bupkiss.  

No comments: