Monday, May 30, 2016

Pierz Lake and Slop Slipping Rock Again

18.85" Horny Toad
9:30-10AM Pierz Lake
Conditions: Sunny, Warm,
13" Fluke
Since I ran into Pierz on some errands and had rods in the car.  I decided to give Pierz Lake a try for the first time.  I caught the fish in the North Culvert.  I really needed a spinning rod.  I ended up breaking off the Fluke on a branch in the water.  I saw several more bass swimming around.  Nothing bigger than 14". Earlier in the year or with higher water, this spot would rock.
14" White Horny Toad
6-9:30PM Rock Lake RPRO
Conditions: 70's, SE wind diminishing towards sunset, partly cloudy

Because of the wind I decided that Rock Lake was the place I needed to be.  I was glad to see no one was fishing in the RPRO.  I started out more towards the mouth.  First fish was pike on the Horny Toad.   I had a few fish wake but not hit, then I got the 14" in the picture.  Shortly after that fish I was throwing the Lunker Hunt Frog and a fish boiled within casting range.  I got 16.5" on the Lunker Hunt.  I missed something that hit the Craw Tube in the pads.  Then I got this 17.25" skinny one.
17.25" Horny Toad
   I also got 16.75" on the Toad.  I had something big blow up on the Toad and not get it when I wasn't looking.  Maybe I spooked a carp, who knows.  It was getting close to 8PM so I headed down to the Beaver Dam.  That is where I got the 18.75".  I then caught a mini pike, but the camera was on the fritz.  The Beaver came out and splashed around a couple of times.  I ended up missing a blow up right after a cast landed and somehow also had a really good hookset not get what I think was a pike.  I saw a fish boil on something by the Island.  I caught a 16" there on the Horny Toad.  I got one last 15" on the Horny Toad as I started heading back.  And my last fish of the night was a 16.5" on the Lunker Frog.

Bass Opener Final Score:
Largemouth 17
Pike 10
Eye 1
  

No comments: