Saturday, January 20, 2024

Skunked On The West Side of Sullivan

Not good visibility

3:30 PM Started drilling holes
4:30-6:35 PM Fished from 9' to 26', Saw the pike in about 10'
3-7℉, PC, 4-8mph SSE

I was expecting to see a lot of life where I went today out from the West Access on Sullivan ut from Jaimen's Reeds. All I saw was one pike and visibility wasn't great. It was too cold for me to be fishing in new water. A mistake I will never make again. Fished in 9', 14' and 26'. I should have also paid closer attention to my Garmin GPS Contours. The last set of holes was somebody else's. If it was warmer out I may have realised they weren't quite on the deep weed juice there. Ice is 10-12" thick. There was one vehicle on the ice to the South. Ravens won big and the Pack got edged out by the 49ers by a hair. I went to Onamia. 

Skunked 

No comments: