Saturday, January 27, 2024

Good Long Day On Rock

 
27.9" Gem-N-Eye Jig/Crappie Minnow

Last pike caught on the PB Switch

This dude was maybe 3"

Rare 6" Gill

9" First Fish of the morning 

Panfish Dineylamnd for Dinks

2nd Hammer Handle of the day.

7:30 AM-2:50 PM Rock my area 16' same hole I've been fishing
30-37℉, Cloudy to PC, 0-4mph SW

Crappies were there and aggressive first thing. Unfortunately, I broke the line while hand-lining down against the drag on my first drop with the Cubby. Switched to the THE Jig caught a couple. Sent a minnow down and got bit immediately. Then I missed a couple on the minnow. I had THE Jig get broken off above the swivel and that was it for the crappies. I put the camera down, a few sunfish then nothing. I went and hole-hopped. It was cloudy and below freezing. I found fish in a couple of holes, but nothing I was excited about. I got back to the Trap and a fish was running with my minnow. I was an idiot and didn't grab the rod and set the hook right away. The minnow was spit by the time I grabbed the rod.  Sunfish, perch, and an occasional crappie or two were around so I never moved. When the panfish spit it meant a pike or two were around. I missed the first couple and lost a Glow Demon. I caught a couple hammer handles on the Glow Demon before switching out for a Gem-N-Eye Jig. I bopped perch to back down the hole. I watched it descend on the vex then a huge mark. I immediately looked at the camera and just saw a flash. A few seconds later the 28-inch pike came back for the Gem-N-Eye. I gave the fish to a guy who was setting up to the South of me. I stayed until the Aqua-Vu battery died with a 22.5" pike on screen. I managed to catch that fish on the Switch using the Vex. I would say about 35-40 people were fishing Rock and Bulldog today.

15 Crip 
7 Pike 
55 Sun 
20 perch



No comments: