Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Nice Day, Tough Bite

 




2:30-6:50 PM Reeds Across, F Flat, SPSI, SPBI, NPBI, F Flat
48-64℉, PC, 0-4mph SSE
47-50℉, Low Falling

Got a later start than I wanted due to not waking up before noon. I started at South Reeds Across on the inside weedline. There was a lot of activity, but I didn't get a single bite. I missed a couple of bites working the outside reed edge. I then went to F Flat and got some pike and one bass on the Bubble Walker. I then went to SPSI. Got a pike and good bass on the Bubble Walker there; the bass was 3lb plus and had a piece of weed stuck to the lure, so I couldn't see how well it was hooked. I tried lifting it out of the water, and it came off before I was able to get its full weight lifted. If I had known it was skin hooked, I would have netted the fish. Then I went to SPBI, getting the bass that had the BW wedged in its mouth. Then I  went to NPBI getting my last bass of the night on the Piranha after I didn't get bit on the BW and Dark Sleeper. I missed a bite or two as I made my way to CPBI. I then beet feet to shallow F Flat, which was dead. Stuff was getting busted over toward Reeds Across. I finally bounced to the active area and had swirls I could cast to, but I didn't get a single bite. I started throwing Chatters and worked my way back to the juice; not a single hit on the return trip to F Flat, huh???. I did an hour of hunting for crappies in the deep hole. Didn't find much and gave up when I started getting cold.

4Bass 
6Pike 

No comments: