Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Dinks on Docks with Dingers And 1 Toad On Mad Maxx Tonight

 

3.46lbs/18.25" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)

11.39 for Best 6 
6:30-9:30PM Docks Across, East Of GOMH, Intersection, River Mouth, SPSI
70-80℉, PC, 0-2mph SW
Water low, and so is visibility. The weed-killing killed visibility.

I finally got a reel put on my Abu Veritas 6'6" MH. I bought a rod to replace the Fenwick Techna AV that I busted a couple of years ago to use primarily as a dock skipper. This was also my inaugural trip with the Arsenal Neko Tool. I spent the first hour skipping Neko Rigged Yum Dingers. I lost the first one to a pike, then the next 3 to small bass when they jumped, sending the Dinger to the depths. I lost the fourth Neko Dinger to a snag way under "the dock."  With that, I had enough and didn't retire. I did catch 3 bass to the East of "the dock" on a Texas Rigged Dinger. When I got home, I watched Hellabass's video on the Neko Tool, something I should have done. Now I know, weighted Dingers are something I should probably leave to tournament day as they are notorious one-fish baits. At 7:30, I headed for the rice East Of GOMH. It wasn't happening there, and I quickly made the call to head to Sullivan. I made a cast to the rice line on my way out, and the 18-incher jumped all over Max. I managed to get a good hookset because of the angle of the cast even though I was moving on high in the direction of the fish. I didn't get the motor turned off until I was practically to the rice line. I ended up spending another 15 unproductive minutes in Platte probing the rice line. I then went to SW Intersection rice. I got a 15-incher there and missed a couple of other bites. I went into the reeds and missed a good bite because I just couldn't get enough on the hook set because I was moving straight at the fish, my hook setting form was perfect, and I was ready for the bite. I quickly made my way across to the NE Intersection Point and got a 14-incher in some thicker reeds on the far reed line. I then ran to the River Mouth as it was getting dark. I lost one bite in the river. Not sure what it was, but it felt good. It thrashed on the surface and got off. I hit SPSI on my way in and didn't get anything, too dark. Not a bad night, but not great either. I think fishing will be even more of a grind this year unless we get some rain.

12 Bass 

No comments: