Thursday, March 18, 2021

Saw Tullibee AM/Got A LMB PM @ Rock

1st Bass of 2021

 


6:00-9:00AM 26' (5 Tul Hole) Sullivan
27-33℉, Sunny, 0-4mph NE

I was the first one at the NE access this morning, but not by much. Talked for a minute with a sunfish fisherman. Headed out didn't mark anything the first hour. Should have got the camera down soon as something came and inspected my waxies. Put the camera down. Saw tullibee come through 5 different times, all loners no groups. Had one guy bite at my spoon, but it missed it. They wanted that flashing spoon this morning. I packed up at 9AM. GOMH pics are from this afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19" Slab Rap (Perch)

9.5" Glow Demon/minnow


5:30PM-8:30PM 7-10' In front of the Reeds
32-45℉, Sunny, 2-7mph  ESE

Went to the hole I saw the sunnies in yesterday. Put a minnow down. Started collecting weeds with the Slab Rap. Had a pike steal the Glow Demon and Minnow. Got a new one tied up. Resumed collecting weeds. On one of the drops after collecting weeds I spooked a small bass. Just looked at the camera on time to see it. I raised and lowered the Slab Rap a couple of times and a big momma came out of nowhere and crushed it like a freight train. Got her in. She was hooked in the side of the mouth where the upper and lower jaw meets making removing the hooks a little more difficult than I would have preferred. I ended up forgetting to get a weight. I don't think it was a 4lb, but close. I had a sunfish come through but wasn't interested. Had a couple more pike and bass come through. Then some crappies showed up. I saw more than I caught. When it got too dark for the camera I pulled up stakes and went to the drop-off. Caught 3 or 4 more and missed 6 or 7. They were sniffing and light biting.

7 Crappie
1 LMB

 


No comments: