Monday, July 17, 2017

Slow Morning In the Trophy

Sunrise from SPBI
5:45-9:00AM SPBI, SPSI, GOMHIT
Conditions: 59-70℉, Mostly Sunny, Wind SSE SSW
Water Temp: 73℉
10.5" Whopper Plopper 90 (Yellow Head)
I arrived at the South point of the big island just as the sun was over the horizon.  A bald eagle flew out of a tree on the point, circled around a couple of times, and then dove picking up a sunfish.  Cool way to start the morning.  The only bite on SPBI was that dink.

I then went to SPSI and got 16" pike on the black SBKO.  That was it for topwater fish there.  I got a 13.5 " bass on a craw tube and a 19" pike.  I missed a few hits as well on the craw tube.
15.5" SBKO (Black/hrng bone)
 I then went to the GOMH.  Panfish guy was fishing the SW side.  I got the one good jumper on the SBKO.  I got a 12" jumper on the craw tube and the proceeded to get my Texas rig stuck in the rocks.  I had to break the fricken thing off and it had a tungsten sinker on it. Ridiculous!

I then got a toothy bullhead on black/blue Piranha.  I then gave up on the bridge and started working m way East with a frog.  I had one toothy miss it and that was it. Sad!

On the way back I tried Fluke fishing some of the docks on Don's Point.  Didn't get a hit and called it quits.
Ridiculous!
4 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: