Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Jackall Pompadour Lives Up To The Hype!

18" Jackall Pompadour (Bone)
5:30-10:00PM Out front, West Point, East of GOMH, South Point Small Island
Conditions: 74-70℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy SSE almost calm towards dark.
Water Temp: 66℉
22" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Sunfish)
So I started off tonight fishing out front.  I got this first pike in front of Sherman's.  Nothing down to Beaver Point and then the wind caught me.

A Blackhawk Helicopter flew by.  I then decided to hit up West Point.  I got a 16" next to the juice dock and a 14.5" next to the next dock East.  I also got a small pike off of the juice dock.
16" Netbait Baby Mad Paca (Green Pumpkin)
From there I headed to the start of the slop East of the GOMH.  I lost the first blow up. Then I got a 15.25" bass.  I managed to land this pike.
Notice both hooks are outside of the fish and the line runs through it's mouth with the nose of the frog caught in it's mouth.  There was some activity in the slop and I missed one good hit that must have pulled BP down by the legs.  I also had a good sized pike come all the way out of the water on a blow up.  Also discovered there is a dead head about a foot below the surface in about 7' of water.  I didn't take the time to GPS it.  I just couldn't get a hit in the slop, so I pulled out at about 8:45PM and went to the South Point of the small island.  I put on the Jackall Pompadour, I almost didn't bring the rod to throw it along with me this trip, so glad I did as it was game on.
15.75" Pomp

16" Pomp

18" Pomp
I caught 9 bass and 1 Pike in the next 45 minutes and missed about 4 or 5 hits as well.


Also took the time to notice the cool sky
15.12lbs for my Biggest 6 Bass
12 Bass(18,16.16,15.75,15.66,15.25)
6 Pike

No comments: