Saturday, November 05, 2016

Another Beautiful Night On Platte And Pete Showed Up

17.75" Bubble Walker
3:00-6:30PM On the Juice Flat
Conditions: 71-64 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Light SW wind turning calm, 49 degrees water temp.

Pete was running late per usual, so I headed out by myself a little after 3PM.  I went to the juice.  Couldn't get anything to go on topwater.  First cast on the bluegill Pure Poison with a Swamp Gas Grass Pig got me a small pike.  There was a guy running his leaf blower which was so darn annoying and then the girls from last night came out and started singing together, uggh.  I got over by where the last dock used to be in the water.  I got two bass (13.5, 16) there on the Poison.
16" Pure Poison w/Grass Pig
  I got one more pike as I worked my way back across the flat.  At 4:45 I headed in to pick up Pete who brought chicken.  We were off by 5:30 and briefly hit West Point.

I then headed for the juice.  Pete tied on a Skitter Pop and almost immediately got nailed by a good fish towards the reeds.  The rod he was using didn't have much backbone to it and the fish got off.  I started throwing the Bubble Walker.   I had one hit me in the reeds and swim at me at mach 1 and got off.  I had one miss, but I stuck with it and landed the 17.75", which as you can see was a true chunk.
17.75" Bubble Walker
 I then got another nice one.
17" Bubble Walker
Pete missed another one.  I had something look at it, but it wouldn't take it.  I got a small pike over the flat.  The girls were playing music rather loudly most of the time.  I had one more good one get off in the reeds.  Pete wanted us to chase some busting fish way away from the juice (the wrong direction), so against my better judgement I did that.  It produced nothing and by the time we got back it was to late. There really weren't to many busting fish tonight.  We just happened to luck into them tonight.  Pete heard what he thought was a bullet go by us after a gunshot, so we got out of there.

No comments: