Monday, June 06, 2016

Platte River Culvert Score

19"+??? Poison w/ Swim Fluke Jr. White
8:30-9:00PM Inlet, PRC
9:15-9:30PM Bulldog
9:45-10:15PM GOMH
Conditions: low 60's, Windy out of the NNW, partly cloudy

I didn't want a skunk tonight so I started at the Inlet on the South end of Sullivan.  I figured with the rain we have gotten my best chance of a fish was there.  1st cast was, "Fish ON!"  A small pike on the bluegill Piranha on the S side of the road.  I also got a 20" on a b/b craw tube in the culvert on the S side.

I was quickly off to the Culverts.  First cast there as well as I played the Poison into the North Culvert she whacked it.  I didn't put the ruler in my bag and originally thought it was a 18.5" fish, but the picture tells me it was 19+ as I wasn't playing camera tricks.  I wonder if it is the same fish I caught last year on May 27th.

Nothing was in the "juice" so I headed to the GOMH.  A guy was there with his two sons.  I talked to the younger son who had a spinnerbait on and told me he'd had some luck tonight, but "not to much."   He was going from the NE down to the SW side where I could hear him talking with his dad.  I began getting my gear out to go down on the NE side, but the Dad came up and went down to the NE side.  He had a jerkbait on.  Another older son came up from the SE side also with a jerkbait on.  I put the stuff back in the car and went to Bulldog.  Didn't get a bite.  Headed back to the GOMH and passed the family as they left.

Nothing was going on inside the tunnel and I didn't get a hit.  I couldn't tell which way the current was flowing.

No comments: