Monday, November 23, 2015

Two More At The GOMH

18" Piranha

17" STX

Pete at the culvert
4:00-5:10PM
Conditions;  mid 30's, partly cloudy, light wind out of the NW, water level up about 6-8"'s.  Iced up except in the current area's.

I took Pete out fishing tonight.   The cold weather had most of the south end locked up except in the current area out about 100 yards.  Didn't get anything at the Inlet and at the Culvert.  At the GOMH the N side had about a long cast and half of open water and then Channel Inn Bay was locked.  The sides had ice so I had to be careful bringing in my lures.  I had a toothy hit the Piranha on the first cast, but not hook up.  A couple casts later I got the 18 incher.  Pete missed a bite and I got the 17 incher on the same STX I got most of the other toothy's on this month.  We will probably go out tomorrow as well.  I was surprised how much ice there is.

No comments: