Saturday, September 16, 2023

OK Trip In THe AM/Pulled the Trophy in the Evening

3.61lbs Buzz/ToadZ (Coppertruse)
Fall Colors

I was discombobulated from the start. The headlamp went out almost immediately. Arrived at the Lake Place about 20 minutes later than I should have. There was water in the boat. I drained it with the deep cycle. Didn't have the boat ready to head out until "I Predict A Riot" so the boat loading was a cluster. I stopped at SPSI. I had a fish dog me on the first cast and not hit the Loon Bubble Walker. Immediately switched to bluegill and banged my first fish of the morning. Had one more miss and spent too long at the PT. Next, I went to the INT. I picked up one pike and had a couple of fish not hook up including a pretty good swirl at the Backstop. Something showed me where it was along the INT Channel. Lost a couple of bites. Caught a pike as I worked to the SW INT. Missed some bites at August Juice. Headed to N INT Rice Point and discovered they wanted the buzzbait. Went up N SPRO and came back S SPRO. I got a couple nice bass as I came back down Rice Point and one over by NE INT. Went to July Juice and saw a blow up out that way but it was dead. I got a couple of bass working my way to Steve's Fall Juice. Had a golden miss the buzz right at the boat there. Pitched a jig and missed the fish when it bit. I lost the power to go against the wind. I motored back to INT and lost two gooden's at INT Rice PT. I hit SPSI and didn't get a bite on my way back.

Should have had a 3lb average my catch was 14.63, with 3.63 big fish.

9Bass 13Pike 

I should have texted Steve to see when he was getting done with his route today because he got done early. I could have had the boat pulled, the motors switched, and the Trophy back in the lake had I known. Only was able to get the boat pulled out.

No comments: