Friday, December 02, 2022

Platte and The Dog With A Sore Back


 

Old Dog Special

w/waxie for the crappie

Only fish that bit on Platte


7:45-9:15AM 8' out from Platte Access
10:50-11:40AM 29' Holy Family Hole The Dog
32℉, Cloudy, 3-6mph SSE


I wrenched my back, putting the Fish Trap into the KIA. Got a cool pic of the sunrise before I set up. Had something good on right away take the cubby, but didn't get a good hook set, and it came off. Had a few perch and sunfish swim through. Got the pike on a Blade Bait, and that was it for action. Visibility wasn't very good.

1 Pike

There was a guy out fishing when I arrived. The ice was 4' and cracking when I drilled holes. Just a bit unnerving. Didn't mark anything so I just started fishing my holes. Marked a few towards the bottom.  Missed a few bites. I'm rusty, bad hooksets. Landed one crip, and it was time to go. My back was sore all morning.

1 Crip 

No comments: