Saturday, July 30, 2022

My Morning on Team Bass Tournament Day

 

Platte Lake Special To Start the Morning

5:36-10:00AM Cookie Jar, Out From Chuck's Reeds, Chuck's Pt, West of Access Rice, Reeds, and Docks, Todd's School to just North of the Dead Head where it becomes complete slop. 
55-70℉, Sunny, 2-5mph S
69-70℉ Water Temp

So it was Team Bass Tournament day, and I was fishing a solid hour plus before they blasted off. My first stop was the Cookie Jar. I lost what I assume was a Platte Lake Special. Caught a dink, a PLS, and a pike. Next, I headed to Chuck's Out Reeds. A sure thing to get bites, except it hasn't given me anything three times in a row now. They blasted off with 5 or 6 boats. I was amazed that they all appeared to head East except one that looked to be headed for Sullivan. I went to Chucks and had only one blow-up that missed my lure, probably a pike.

I went to West of Access Rice for the first time in forever, not getting anything. I slid in and tried some docks and didn't get anything. Went out and tried the reeds where there were signs of life, but I didn't get anything to hit. So I headed to Sullivan. Pulled one Platte Lake Special off of Todd's School on the Pit Boss after thoroughly working the area with frogs and not raising anything. I was thinking about working my way to the river. I got a 1lber at the last boat lane and had 3lber miss the Billy Goat right before the slop started that I would have to work my way through to get to the river. I said screw it and called it a day instead. I ended up napping instead of going to the weigh-in.

The Team Bass Results:


No comments: