Tuesday, April 12, 2022

1st Bullead of 2022, Plus 1st Loon

18" Swim Shad (Purple)

 


Loons Have Arrived
7:15-8:30PM GOMH SW
45℉, Cloudy/light rain, 8-14mph E

Past experience says you never know what your gonna get at the Grumpy Old Man Hole. Tonight I came up with two aces. First was the first loon sighting and hearing of the year. I started on the NE side and didn't get a bite. As I was crossing over to the SW side, I heard a loon call and looked up to see a loon flying from Sullivan toward Platte. The bird that made the sound was in the water. I figured out that I could zoom in on the iPhone 11 to take a picture beyond the two presets I had been using. Cool! 

I tried throwing a few different things. Then I put on a 2" Storm Swim Shad and got the toothy bullhead on the first cast. Only bite I got. Before I left, I called Teena from the car. As we were talking, I started seeing some lightening in the South. When I heard thunder, I headed home. It was a very minor thunderstorm, very little thunder. I did have to run the side pump for over an hour.

No comments: