Sunday, November 03, 2019

Possibly Last Open Water Trip of 2019

4/7, 25" Crackle Jerk Shad

12" Smallest Eye caught thus Fall

I thought it was a walleye, nope T-Shirt.

20" Tomato
Possibly last open water fish of 2019
5:30-8:30PM North Corner
30-34℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-4mph ESE

When I arrived at the Jetty the launch captain I met the other night was fishing at Pete's spot.  He hadn't gotten any bites.  I set up on the North Corner.  I think I missed one bite on the Grass Pig.  He left after 20 minutes so I moved my stuff to the Harbor Mouth.  I got my first bite around 6PM on the Crackle Jerk Shad.  It was 19.5" eye at the North Corner.  I added it's twin about 5 minutes later.  Then I went at least half an hour between fish catches.  I did miss a couple of bites.  I switched to the small Rage Swimmer and had a 19.5-inch eye take it immediately on the first cast.   Then that was it, so I switched back to the Crackle and got 4 quality sized eyes (25, 3x24.5).  I also caught the T-shirt at the Harbor Mouth.  I was debating most of the time after I hooked it as to whether or not it was a walleye convincing myself a few times that it was.  The joke was on me.  That was the only bite I got a the Harbor Mouth, but I didn't fish there very hard either.  Then the action tailed off so I switched back to the small Rage Swimmer and had a 24/25-inch fish get off just as I was bringing it up to the rocks.  I ended the night fishing the Tomato Jerk Shad catching that little cigar and three 20-inch fish.  When I first started fishing the Tomato a boat full of muskie fishermen came into the harbor.  One of the guys started casting a big muskie plug off of the North Face and brought in a walleye on his first cast.  I think he said it was about 24-inches long.  My guides started freezing up so I left.  The guys didn't get any muskies.  This may be my last open water trip of the year.  However, if it's above freezing tomorrow at dark then I will probably get out one more time.

12 Eyes
1 T-Shirt


No comments: