Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Bay Lake Pre-fish

No Pictures forgot to take any.

Conditions: Hot, Sunny, Windy SE, water visibility only about 3'

We started out by going on the backside of Battle Point working farther North to farther South of where Rog and I crushed them in the morning.  I remember it being a great cabbage area.  All I seemed to find was milfoil, pike, and rock bass or two.  I also lost several fish on the Pure Poison.  We worked the area for a solid hour plus I would say.  Chuck got a couple of small bass and bit off a few times.  Next, we went to a place with cabbage but no fish.  Then a milfoil spot where Chuck crushed on a bunch of little ones the last tournament.  All we found there was dead foil.  Next, we went to the North tip of Malkerson Island.  Chuck caught a small one there.  Next, we went and fished just inside the little slop bay on the NW corner of the lake fishing our way out on Indian Point.  Chuck got a couple of bass including the best of the day, 15 incher maybe.  For me, it was more pike and possibly a rock bass.  We went to a spot along the island.  I had dink throw the hook.  I think we both got multiple pike as well. Next, we worked a flat all the way down Corey Point.  More pike and fish getting off.  I think Chuck landed a bass or two as well.

Next, we checked an almost non-existent reed bed and some wood in the water along that one island.  I caught one 12" squeaker throwing the Poison out into nothing.  The shallows were by the wood were devoid of fish except for a rock bass or two.

Next, we went into the Bay that is to the South of that island, it was the furthest south we went.  We fished some docks and got rock bass and a couple of dinks.  I did a have decent bass come out from under a tree to look at my jig.

Next, we headed North to work the non-existent reed bed between the two small islands.  Then went and fished along the South or Malkerson.  Nothing but pike there.  Next, we went into the bigger slop bay that runs along 6.  I think Chuck caught a couple small bass in here.  I missed a couple hits on the Sprinker knock off and had a couple of bass feeling bites as we exited the bay.  Next, we worked a couple of spots along the North shore East of Rutgers.  More pike and rockies.  It was now 1PM and pretty darn warm.  We went to the reed point over by the culverts where I got a few dinks on the Buzz Toad, then we called it a day.

I hope Chuck learned something because he was scratching his head when we finished.  Hopefully, I got clued in on a couple of color choices.  I know that being in the hot sun was really draining, which I discovered on Wed's.     

No comments: