Monday, April 23, 2018

Where Things Stand Today

I didn't leave the house until right about 8PM tonight.  When I arrived at the GOMH there was a four-wheeler parked where I needed to be to recreate a shot I took on 4/23/13.  So I headed on to the Platte Lake Public Access which is now trashed.  I then went to the culvert where the water is up at least 10" from a couple of days ago.  When I arrived back at the GOMH the people had left.  There was an otter out on the ice on Sullivan that eventually paid me a visit.  A few ducks around, but not as many as I would expect.  Didn't catch anything in the 15 minutes I fished.  Today was the warmest it has been.  The water level is above normal now and rising.  It was flowing into Platte again tonight.  The weather is supposed to stay at or above normal.  I'm thinking ice out in around 12 days or so. 



Platte Lake




No comments: