Thursday, July 21, 2016

After the Storms at the GOMH This Morning

14.5" Chigger Craw b/b
7:00-8:30AM GOMH NE
Conditions: Got out late because of lightning this morning.  The lake level may still be rising as water was flowing into Platte and was a little bit higher than a couple of days ago.  We are in the midst of a hot stretch.  68-72 degrees, light SW wind, mostly cloudy turning partly cloudy.

I did have a fish bite at the Plopper but not get hooked up.  I threw the Jerk Shad into the bridge and got a nasty overrun that I was thankfully able to pull out before I left. I went to the Chigger Craw and got a 14.5" and 14" on it. I also lost what felt like a bigger fish.  Losing it put a crimp in my action.  I tried the SW side, the culvert, and the Inlet and didn't get anything in those places.

No comments: