Wednesday, January 06, 2016

More Bullheads at Rock & Crappies/Sunfish

12.5" Glow Demon w/minnow

9.5" VMC Tungsten w/Gulp Minnow and waxie

8" VMC Tungsten w/Gulp Minnow and waxie 
3:45-7:35PM
Conditions: Overcast, Some light snow after 5:30, light wind out of the SE, temps near 30

I dinged around to much and got out about a half hour later than I wanted too.  I did find a replacement measuring board at Bear Trax.  Unfortunately you can't see the numbers;  I'll have to take a black permanent marker to it.  On my first minnow drop I had a really good fish on but it got off half way.  Probably a pike or bass.  Then there was nothing.  Note to self, always lead with a spoon or Rapala

At 4:15 I went and drilled a hole a little to the North of where I had been fishing.  I put down a #4 Rippin Rap and immediately fish came to it but wouldn't hit.  So I put down my new VMC Tungsten Jig (glow) with a Gulp Minnow with a waxie and immediately brought up a 9" crappie.  I got two more, then drilled another hole and got my stuff.  They were on the minnow immediately.  I missed the first couple bites but then I started catching them.  Then I got two bullheads in a row on the minnow.  Then I started getting some small sunfish on the VMC jig.  I got two 10 inch crappies on the minnow and one on the VMC that I kept and an 8" sunny which I didn't keep.  Eventually the fish got finicky.  I went and checked my other holes but nothing was there.  I went back and got a couple more 9 inchers.  I stopped fishing after my last 9 incher at 7:35PM

2 Bullheads
5 Sunfish
13 Crappies
and a bunch of missed fish

No comments: