Friday, June 05, 2015

No Gold, But Toothies, Jumpers, And An Otter

14" H2O Ultimate Jerk Shad
5:05-7:45AM
Condition- Mostly cloudy, low 60's, moderate wind out of the East
Beautiful Morning at the Grumpy Old Man Hole
The day started out with what I assume was a toothy stealing my Grass Pig.  I believe that was the first time this year that happened to a Grass Pig.  I didn't want to go up to the car to retie, so I went with the identical rod, but with 17lb Sunline Defier Armilo line instead of 14lb Fireline.  I worked it under the bridge and wasn't getting anything.  So I cast out over the channel and found a school of jumpers.  I caught 7 of them from 10" to 17.25" on two different Jerk Shads and had a good one throw the green pumpkin Grass Pig back at me.  I also got a toothy on the gp Grass Pig which was on a weighted swimbait hook with Tyger Leader..  When I was throwing the Grass Pig I nearly hit an otter in the head as it surfaced about 3 feet from where the Grass Pig landed.

Here are the two biggest jumpin' bullheads of the morning:
17.5" Jerk Shad color Crackle wht/chart
16.75"
Jerk Shad color Chartreuse Shad 
I switched to the SW side and got a 12.5" jumper and a 17.5" toothy.

No comments: