Monday, May 05, 2014

1st Silver Bullhead of the Year

I decided to hit the GOMH first and if that didn't work I'd go to Rock.  I arrived at around 6AM, it was cloudy and it was blowing pretty good out of the NE.  I took up the SW side.  I immediately had something steal my minnow on the Cubby.  I missed a couple of other bites, then another guy showed up and started fishing just to the West of me.  He landed the first fish, a jumpin' bullhead.  Next my bobber went down and I got a small jumpin' bullhead.  I missed a good silver bullhead then got another bite and it was the 8" silver that I threw back.  I think we both landed a couple of jumpin' bullheads and the guy next to me went and fished the SE side.  I switched to T.H.E. Jig with a minnow and  I got a couple of 8" silver bullheads, the 10.5" in the picture and some jumpin bullheads.  I also missed several nice sized silver bullheads. The guy came back to fish next to me.  He had gotten 1 small silver and 1 jumper on the other side the hour or so he was over there.  We got into a flurry of little jumpers and then the silver bullheads quit.  That guy left then another guy showed up and fished the SE side.  He picked up a couple of really nice jumpin bullheads.  I got a couple of  decent jumpers, and missed one last silver that I had hit on a long cast by the emergent weeds.  I also had a toothy steal my pink Cubby.  I also thought I was getting some bites from some orange bullheads.   I ended up putting the 1 keeper I got back, when I went to leave.
16" Jumper on T.H.E. Jig and Minnow


I left to try Rock lake at 10AM.  Nothing was going on there and that was the day for me as I was to wiped out to fish in the evening.  Apparently the bullheads, silver, oranges, and jumpers, were going pretty good in the evening

No comments: